1. Who are you?
I am Tim Pippus, Publisher of Website in a Box.
2. What is 'Website in a Box'?
Everything you need to create your own dot-com, in as much time as you normally take for lunch. It's "dot-com websites" for the rest of us.
3. How is this diffferent from regular web hosting?
It's the same, except we provide an 'all-in-one-box', aimed at non-experts, offering big-value webspace and internet services.
4. What is the cost of a 'box'?
$69.97 for a full 'box'.
5. What do you get in the box?
One box contains 12 months of domain name registration, webspace, email, 24/7 help, Tell-a-Friend Rewards, Easy Site Builder with fill-in-the-blanks templates. You can switch 'box' modes between EZ Builder and PRO Hosting.
|6. What's the catch?
|No catch - it's all-included, and more, providing amazing value and ease. We have limits on the services, which less than 1% of our customers ever reach.
7. After the first $69.97 box, how much are renewals?
Our costs associated with the 'box' account remain the same, so renewals are the same price.
8. What if I reach the limits of the 'box'?
The size of each box is virtually limitless. In cooperation with webSPACEforRENT.com, we meet our customers' requests for their internet solutions - from a 'parked domain' to a dedicated high-capacity server, we do it all expertly.
9. Do you have other 'boxed' products?
New products are developed regularly, and some current internet products include: File Sharing, Visitor Counter and Secure Pages.
10. What are the prices of add-ons?
Some are Free, and some are as much as $20 - about 5 cents a day. For example, photo Galleries and Visitor Counters are free, and File Sharing bundled with 100mb of webspace is $20.
11. What is webspace?
For our customers, We make exclusive space available within our net-connected server network such as: webserver, file server, mail server accounts, and online programs to create and maintain a coordinated intenet presence.
|12. How much webspace does each box provide?
|200mb - that's about 20 times the size of a comprehensive corporate website.
13. Are email accounts sold individually? And how many are included free?
50 email accounts are included with each box, and additional blocks of 50 may be purchased for $20 - that's less than 40 cents an account, per year.
14. On average, how many email accounts do site owners operate?
Most domains have fewer than 10 email accounts.
15. What is "PRO Hosting mode"?
Each Website in a Box has two modes of operation - the default is EZ Builder. It can be switched to PRO Hosting mode to allow our customers to upload their own custom-built website which might have been made with an HTML editor, such as MS-FrontPage or Macromedia Dreamweaver.
16. How much does PRO Hosting mode cost?
It's included in every box - free.
|17. What internet services do you provide?
Website in a Box, in cooperation with stategic partners, provide an ever-developing list of internet solutions:
- Website in a Box internet product - which is an online set of tools to easily and affordably create and maintain a web presence by everyday people
- For those that don't have the time or interest to create their own website, we do it for them choosing from a wide range of solutions.
- Website Marketing and Promotion is provided for those that have a website that they want to become more visible; both on and off the internet. Solutions include: Search Engine Optimization, visible and hidden keywords on their website that maximize their placement in search engine results. Additional on and off-line promotional campaigns that harness the power of the web's latest trends, coupled with traditional Public Relations experience and techniques.
- Custom online application programming and databases, such as the powerful online engine that operates Website in a Box, and other websites that require sophisticated solutions to create a high-traffic website coupled with the power of an underlying database.
- Custom advancd website design and programming to create Web 2.0, traditional, and other professional-style websites incorporating creative design elements and function.
- Custom artwork, including logo and full corporate identity for print and web. Our Design Artist's styles encompass a wide array of creative backgrounds: Cartoon, animation, edgy, business, and all free-thinking 'outside the box'.
- Webspace Management services provide a full range of worry-free solutions. From simply staying on top of your domain name renewals to planning, creating and administering your entire internet presence - our experienced staff will maximize the power of the internet in a way tailored exactly to your need.
|18. How did the idea for Website in a Box come to life?
|In 2002 it was observed that the creation of an internet presence could be simplified. An 'internet product' - a retail-packaged box was envisioned. And a provisional US Patent was filed in 2003 for a process that would make it easier for people to buy a domain name, arrange website hosting, and create a website.
19. How did The Website in a Box come to market?
At a time when The Website in a Box was ready for customer use, Wal-Mart Home Office opened their doors to 'First-Time Suppliers' in their first-ever Supplier's Fair - an opportunity to learn more about working with Wal-Mart, and to introduce products to their Buyers. Wal-Mart's buyer fell in love with the product, and provided an introduction to the top software publishers: Atari, Activision, and Vivendi-Universal. Atari USA signed a deal for North American distribution, and by the end of
2003 the retail product was on store shelves.
20. When did Website in a Box go online?
In 2006, a marketing company was formed, Website in a Box software inc., to widen the marketing opportunities for Website in a Box - available for download and immediate use in seconds. The internet product is referred by satisfied customers, strategic partnerships and ongoing marketing campaigns.
21. How many boxes have been sold?
Thousands of retail boxes have been distributed by Atari and sold by Wal-Mart, Office Max, EB Games, Shopko, and others across Canada and the US.
22. What is the cost of renewals and new version upgrades?
Because our costs remain the same, the renewal price is the same as a new Website in a Box. There are no 'maintenance' or 'upgrade' versions because Website in a Box is an online application - which means ongoing improvements are available to everyone automatically, each time they use the product.
|23. Are 'boxes' available in stores?
|The original retail-boxed product are in some stores, and Website in a Box software inc. provides free replacements with their new product. Increasing customer demand is reinvigorating commitments with Atari in their 6-year contract for distribution of a retail product.